Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with Consensys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. Consensys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone around the world.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 30 million monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
What you’ll do
MetaMask Snaps is the next phase in MetaMask's evolution. It allows MetaMask, our partners, and the entire web3 community to add radical new functionality to MetaMask. Users can discover, install, and use community-built features in their MetaMask wallet via Snaps.
You can read more about the Snaps story, what it means for us at MetaMask, and the next step towards a collaborative future.
The engineering manager is accountable for delivering projects, prioritizing work for the team, and representing the team’s interests as a point of contact. In people management, the engineering manager will work with engineering directors to coach and develop the careers of the team members. Holding one on ones, identifying and coaching areas for improvement, and strengthening the team as a whole is important to maintaining a high performing team.
As the Engineering Manager of the Snaps team, you will establish the processes and structures necessary to deliver on our ambitions. We are looking for a collaborative manager who will be able to mentor more junior engineers, support senior engineers, and advocate for the Snaps team within the MetaMask organization. You will work in close concert with the Snaps Platform and Ecosystem Lead Engineers, yet have considerable latitude in how you fulfill your responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include
- Collaborate with the Snaps Lead Engineers to ensure that the team is delivering on its roadmap
- Directly manage and maintain close working relationships with all Snaps engineers
- Mentor Snaps engineers and help them establish career development plans
- Direct engineering hiring efforts for the Snaps team
- Take ownership of the Snaps team's engineering processes and culture
- Help maintain high morale and performance on the Snaps team
- Advocate for the Snaps team in MetaMask-wide processes and initiatives
- Establish systems for monitoring the health of the Snaps engineering team
- Make development contributions so as to maintain "fluency" in the MetaMask Snaps codebase
- Collaborate with Snaps Product and Program Managers to ensure roadmap is well understood and team is able to plan and execute on the expected outcomes
- Partner with other Engineering Managers within MetaMask to drive the overall roadmap implementation forward and establish processes and practices that allow MetaMask to build and operate at a fast pace
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of software engineering management experience
- Hiring management experience
- Agile software engineering experience
- Engineering skills
- Web development
- Git and GitHub
- Experience developing software and solutions for developer facing products
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Bonus points for
- Web3 software development experience
- Open source software contributor
- You’re a MetaMask user!
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Consensys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consensys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills.